Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
First Baptist Gainesville exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
Reaching our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves (Luke 15, 19:10). We know that when someone feels like they belong, they are more likely to believe. We desire to create places and environments where people can belong just as they are because that's how Jesus treated people.
Teaching people about the love of God and the great Gospel message of forgiveness that is freely given as well as teaching believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves (Col. 1:28; Matthew 22:37-40). It is our desire that people come to believe in this amazing Jesus that came to rescue them. We also desire that people believe in themselves, that God has placed an eternal purpose within them, and that anything is possible with God.
Sending those believers back out into the world to share with others the story of how Jesus saved them (Rom. 10:13-15; Acts 1:8). We know that as people get connected to God and His people, start believing who He is in their life and in the world, they start becoming like Him. We know God gives people purpose and passion to make a difference in the world. It is our desire to help cultivate an environment where people start to become like Jesus and become world changers!
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- The Bible: 100% true without error & written exactly the way God intended
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers to live out the world changing message of Jesus.
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by starting in our own backyard. We do this by giving, praying, and going as a lifestyle
How we do ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, forgiveness, and caring for others
- Authentic Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective, and engaging
- Sunday School / Small Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership
- Creating Vision for a better future together